iM Critical Unveils Energy-Efficient, HPC-Empowering, Modular Pittsburgh Data Center Campus
Pittsburgh, PA, April 26, 2022 – iM Critical, a data center and IT services company reshaping the future of IT infrastructure, is unveiling its modular Pittsburgh data center campus. iM Critical, delivering full-stack IT services in a six nines environment, will empower High-Performance Computing (HPC) users and colocation customers in the region with demanding use cases across AI, robotics, smart cities, autonomous vehicles, academic research, smart cities and more with scalable, powerful infrastructure solutions.
The 10MW phase one campus — slated for availability in Q3 2022 — presents a radical new standard for advanced data and computing needs, delivering cooling capabilities to support over 35kW per rack with highly efficient and sustainability-focused systems.
iM Critical’s signature and innovative modular approach enables a high level of scalability, offering a high degree of customization for customers to meet IT goals with tailored colocation services, a deep managed service stack and high-touch support. All of this is backed by iM Critical’s experience providing flexible colocation, and the company’s commitment to sustainability across all IT infrastructure solutions.
Customer benefits at this next-generation, modular campus include:
- Low latency networks with sub-1ms metro optical rings
- Unique network route diversity to major peering points
- Full-stack managed IT services
- Big Data storage
- Onsite renewable energy source
- Strategic location within an SBA HUBZone/IRS opportunity zone
- High-speed public cloud on-ramp
“We deliver an enlightened approach to IT infrastructure, providing innovative customer solutions, helping organizations reach beyond today’s technology goals for greater ease and future-proofed outcomes,” comments Michael Roark, CEO of iM Critical. “The specialized experience gained by designing, engineering, building, owning and operating data centers for over 25 years inspired and informed our factory-built, fully-integrated modular data centers, which are based on tried-and-true engineering typologies and rapid deployment principles.”
The company’s innovative solutions uniquely address five pressing mandates in today’s IT landscape:
1. Addressing climate change with sustainable, energy-efficient data center operations
2. Migrating to the edge to satisfy needs for highly available, accessible and fast-moving decentralized platforms
3. Accelerating IT outsourcing for greater ease and transitions to OPEX spending
4. Transitioning to a more intelligent factory-built modular approach to create buildings that gain efficiencies and feature seamless expansions
5. Meeting the burgeoning need for High-Performance Computing platforms capable of supporting next-gen use cases
To learn more about iM Critical’s Pittsburgh campus, click here.